Finger Lickin' Sticky Chicken Recipe
June 22, 2018 Ted Bear
Finger lickin' sticky chicken... Try saying that 10 times over! But apart from the fun that can be had with the name, this quick and easy bbq chicken recipe is bound to have kids (and adults) coming back for more. This recipe is also great hot and cold, so don't be put off if you'll be transporting your food to a different party venue after cooking.
Prep Time: overnight
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 6 fresh chicken wings
- 6 fresh chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- Thumb sized piece of fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1½ tsp Chinese five spice
- 2 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp orange marmalade
- ½ tsp grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Slash the chicken drumstick and chicken wing skin a few times with a sharp knife and place in a non-metallic bowl. Mix together all of the ingredients for the BBQ marinade, pouring over the chicken portions. Leave the chicken to marinate overnight, basting and turning occasionally (if time allows).
- Preheat your oven to 200°p;c / 400°f / gas mark 6.
- Lightly grease a roasting tray.
- Transfer the chicken to the roasting tray and add a few spoonfuls of the marinade. Place in the oven for about 50 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with the marinade until thoroughly sticky and golden. You may need to add extra marinade to the tray during cooking.
- Once cooked, eat the chicken portions hot or leave to cool for later.
Please ensure the chicken is cooked thoroughly. If unsure, piece a drumstick with a skewer and if the juices are still pink then continue to cook.
We're Be My Bear, the award-winning teddy bear company specialising in make your own bear kits popular as gifts and a great party activity. We're also proud to offer parents-to-be our heartbeat bears so they can record baby's heartbeat inside a teddy bear and treasure it forever. Why not join in the fun through our growing online community of teddy bear friends over on one of the following social media platforms.