Magic Melon Boat Recipe August 6, 2018 Ted Bear
At children's parties it is hard to introduce a healthy option that children take to and enjoy... This is where our Magic Melon Boat recipe comes to the rescue! Why "magic" you ask? Well that's because they have the ability to get children eating fruit at parties. Follow the simple recipe below to reproduce these amazing and tasty fruit treats.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 1 galia melon
- 1 large orange
- 1 pack of Parma ham (or regular ham if you prefer)
- 1 tin of black olives (pitted) (or red grapes if you prefer)
- 1 tub of glace cherries
- Pack of cocktail sticks / small decorative skewers
- lettuce and strawberries to decorate (optional)
- Cut the melon into 8 roughly equal sections to form the boats. Remove the seeds and on one side also slice roughly 2 inches to separate the fruit from the skin.
- Take your orange and slice to a thickness of around 5mm.
- Layer the ingredients to form the sails. Take a cocktail stick, push one end of a slice of orange onto the stick, next add a cherry and then wrap the orange slice around the cherry and push the opposite end onto the stick. Finally top with an olive (or grape if you prefer). Repeat for each slice of melon.
- Place a slice of Parma ham which has been bunched together onto your boat base, and then add your sail on top pushing the stick into the centre of the melon.
- To decorate, create a sea of chopped lettuce and/or leaves and add some chopped strawberries to add more colour.
We're Be My Bear, the award-winning teddy bear company specialising in make your own bear kits popular as gifts and a great party activity. We're also proud to offer parents-to-be our heartbeat bears so they can record baby's heartbeat inside a teddy bear and treasure it forever. Why not join in the fun through our growing online community of teddy bear friends over on one of the following social media platforms.