Milk Chocolate Mousse Recipe June 22, 2018 Ted Bear
A party wouldn't really be a party without dessert, and this milk chocolate mousse recipe ticks all the right boxes for a tasty treat for after the main party food. It's also an ideal accompaniment on a teddy bear picnic or just for an indulgent night at home in front of the television with a good family movie.
Prep Time: -
Cook Time: 20 minutes (plus 1 hour to set)
- 200 ml (7fl oz) double cream
- 200 g (7oz) milk chocolate broken into pieces
- 2 medium eggs (at room temperature)
- Fresh seasonal berries to decorate
- Put the double cream into a pan and heat gently until the liquid is almost boiling.
- Immediately take off the heat and add your chocolate, but don't stir, instead leave for 5 minutes.
- Stir and pour mixture into a large bowl and leave to cool.
- Separate the eggs and beat the yolks into the chocolate mixture for 1 minute until smooth.
- Whisk the egg whites using an electric hand whisk until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until it looks glossy and has no white remaining.
- Spoon the mousse into six plastic glasses and chill for a minimum of 1 hour until set.
- Decorate with seasonal berries, whipped cream or chocolate shavings.
We're Be My Bear, the award-winning teddy bear company specialising in make your own bear kits popular as gifts and a great party activity. We're also proud to offer parents-to-be our heartbeat bears so they can record baby's heartbeat inside a teddy bear and treasure it forever. Why not join in the fun through our growing online community of teddy bear friends over on one of the following social media platforms.