Swirly-Whirly Sausage Rolls Recipe
June 22, 2018 Ted Bear
We're sure we don't have to say that sausage rolls and children's birthday parties go hand in hand; in fact they can be some of the first things to be snapped up by both parents and children, especially hungry dads! This twist (literally) on a classic is easy to make and very tasty and is sure to go down a treat at your next birthday bonanza.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pack of 10 frankfurter sausages (such as Herta)
- 250g of frozen puff pastry left to defrost (such as Jus-Rol)
- Milk or a beaten egg for glazing
- Tomato ketchup / mustard
- Packet of mixed leaves, for serving (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200°c / 400°f / gas mark 6.
- Lightly grease a standard baking tray.
- Roll your pastry thinly to a height of around 10cm.
- Spread around 4tsp of tomato ketchup (add mustard too if you like) over your pastry.
- Cut 10 strips of pastry, roughly 2cm in width (you may have some left overs).
- Wrap your pastry around the frankfurter sausages (you may like to secure with a cocktail stick).
- Brush the sausage rolls with milk or beaten egg mixture.
- Place the sausage rolls into the over for 20 mins or until golden brown.
- Before serving cut into bite-sized portions.
- For that added wow factor, serve on a bead of mixed leaves.
We're Be My Bear, the award-winning teddy bear company specialising in make your own bear kits popular as gifts and a great party activity. We're also proud to offer parents-to-be our heartbeat bears so they can record baby's heartbeat inside a teddy bear and treasure it forever. Why not join in the fun through our growing online community of teddy bear friends over on one of the following social media platforms.