Perfect Pizza Recipe
July 2, 2018 Ted Bear
Pizza is one food that is loved by most people, young or old and because for most people it doesn't matter if it's hot, warm or even cold makes an ideal party food for your child's next birthday party. Follow our great and simple recipe to make the perfect pizza time and time again.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 300g strong bread flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100ml passata
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 125g ball mozzarella (sliced)
- handful grated parmesan cheese
- handful cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Pizza Dough Place the flour into a large mixing bowl, and stir in the yeast and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in 200ml of warm water and the olive oil, bringing it together with a wooden spoon until you have soft and fairly wet dough. Place onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for 5 minutes until smooth. Cover with a tea towel and rest. The dough can be left to rise if you want, but it's not essential for thin crust pizza.
- Pizza Sauce Mix the passata, dried basil and crushed garlic together and season to taste. Leave the mixture to stand at room temperature while you shape the dough to form your pizza base.
- Pizza Base If you left your dough to rise, give it a quick knead for a minute and then split to form two balls. On a floured surface, roll out the dough into large rounds, roughly 25cm across (using your hands for a rustic look or a rolling pin for a more uniform feel). The dough should be rolled very thin as it will rise when cooked. Lift the pizza bases onto two floured baking tray ready to add your toppings.
- Pizza Toppings & Cooking Heat your oven to 240°C/gas mark 8. Add another baking tray to the oven to pre-heat with the oven. Spread your sauce over the bases with the back of a spoon. Add your cheese and tomatoes (and any other toppings you desire such as ham, pineapple, mushrooms etc.), drizzle with olive oil and season. Add one pizza, still on its baking tray, on top of the pre-heated tray in your oven and bake for 8-10 mins until crisp. Repeat this step for the remaining pizza.
We're Be My Bear, the award-winning teddy bear company specialising in make your own bear kits popular as gifts and a great party activity. We're also proud to offer parents-to-be our heartbeat bears so they can record baby's heartbeat inside a teddy bear and treasure it forever. Why not join in the fun through our growing online community of teddy bear friends over on one of the following social media platforms.